First-to-market milestones in payment acceptance
Over the past 30 years, BluePay Canada has grown into a company that processes tens of millions of payment transactions worth billions of dollars annually. We are successful because we’re committed to exceptional client service and being an innovation leader in the payment acceptance industry.
We provide our clients with high volume and reliable payment processing systems. But we’re also at the forefront of tokenization and sensitive data security solutions. We have the capabilities to significantly lower the costs of card acceptance. And we’re big thinkers when it comes to devising innovative solutions to meet our clients’ unique requirements.
While some firms claim to have an innovative culture, BluePay Canada prefers to let our history of industry firsts do the talking;
- 1986 – First networked automated call centre, including real-time credit card authorization, in North America
- 1996 – First Internet Protocol (IP) based payment gateway in Canada
- 2001 – First ‘UserPay’ solution launched in Canada for BC’s Terasen Gas (now Fortis BC Gas)
- 2006 – First in the world to support airline ‘buy on board’ ancillary payments via credit card
- 2007 – First to market in Canada with a full production Tokenization solution
- 2008 – First in Canada certified to the American Express™ CAPN network including support for Level 3 processing.
- 2012 – First direct connection to MasterCard’s™ global network from Canada in over a decade
- 2013 – First online Visa™/MasterCard™ payment solution for rent and condo fee collection in Canada
- 2014 – First Discover™ Acquirer/Processor certified in Canada
While certainly proud of our past accomplishments, we are constantly returning to the drawing board in search of the next breakthrough in payment acceptance.